Sunday, October 4, 2015

I can be pure and righteous~Lesson 38

Lesson from the manual


So for the last few weeks my kids were having a hard time being reverent during the lessons. And I think they were expecting a super handout every week. So I decided to use this lesson as a teaching opportunity. I didn't bring them a handout this week and I explained to them how I love to make the lessons fun but it's not fun for me when they don't listen during class time and are disrespectful to the other class members. So this week we won't be doing some of the fun things we could have been doing and instead practicing being respectful and reverent. This got their attention and I'm sure my lesson this next week they'll be wonderful.

Any how here's what I did and what I would have done.

I did start with the object lesson with the salt and pepper, it was a great attention getter.

We talked about Mormon and his life.

And then we got into the armor of God. We listed what parts of the armor were and how and what they protected. I asked them why knights wore armor and if they thought it was comfortable.

I would have brought a shield from the $ store and made some arrows so that they could see how the shield works to deflect Satans fiery darts. We talked about what some of those fiery darts could be.

I also showed them parts of the Armor of God video from the church. I would stop and move ahead to just the parts where the warriors are in the woods and skipped the kids at school and at the party. I thought this was a little old for my class. They loved watching to see what happened to the warriors and to those that chose to take off their armor. You can find the video HERE.

While we were watching this video I had them color these pictures and cut out the armor. Which you can find HERE


And of course the newsletter which you can get HERE


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment